Sunday, March 18, 2012

Day 18 -- "a corner of your house"...

Here's a corner of my house that has
a great vintage birdcage...{{alas}}
it tells a sad story today :(
This cage has housed "merle the bird"
since Emily got "merle the bird" as
a sophomore in high school - 14 + years ago.
Well...this morning...with ALL the grandkids in tow
we discovered "merle the bird" on the
bottom of this lovely little vintage cage! Stiff!
Oh my...now what to do?
Tobyn found a perfect box, we wrapped
"merle the bird" in a paper towel and
had a discussion of going to live with Jesus
and have plans to lay to rest "merle the bird"
when the rains stop. 
I still love my little vintage bird cage---
rest in peace "merle the bird"!

2 comments:

  1. Poor Merle!! What a loving Grandma to teach those little ones all about going to heaven to be with Jesus....they are so lucky to have you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waaaaaaa-waaaaaaaaaaaaaa...booooooooo-hoooooooooooooo...you killed my bird!!!!

    Just kidding, Merle was a good bird, but it was his time! I actually am suprised he survived as long as he did & you did a great job explaining and comforting the kiddos--thanks Gramma! :)

    ReplyDelete