Sunday, July 7, 2013

Beverly Hillbillies????

Emily wanted to take her kids camping,
Brady had to work...so I went along.
We loaded the  van inside and out...
with tents, propane and burners, food, awnings, etc.
and off we went!

...arrived at our destination...
and patriotically decorated the forest...

decorated sugar cookies with new found cousins...

the "girlies" had their pink tent
that was a place to play...

on the actual 4th...we went into town to
enjoy some fireworks and discovered an
"indian" cave...as the boys called it...not sure why ?
 
Grandpa came up on Friday along with our buddy
Houston and got to spend the night...
on Saturday enjoyed a reunion celebration
with all the extended family (Hoke's moms side)
and then headed home.
 
So glad I got to go, but this ol' gramma is
also glad to be clean and in a soft bed!

3 comments:

  1. Ha!! I JUST posted about this adventure too! You're the best Gramma, EVER!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOu and your daughter are the best TROOPERS I've ever seen. I can't imagine how tired and hot you must have been....but how fun for your grands to get to make memories with you! YOu make everything fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOW STINKIN' FUN!!!!!!!!!!! What a fun memory for the kiddo's!!!!!! When I was little I always called them The Hill Beverly Billies.....I always got it twisted and to this day still can not get it out the correct way.......LOVED THAT T.V. SHOW!!!! Did you find oil??????

    ReplyDelete